Saturday, July 21, 2012

Lack of time, random thoughts, pray for your enemies, have charity, try to stick to one or two subjects when you make a post

It's been a long time since I wrote
I don't have much time for things.
I have a lot of thoughts I never share but would like to.
So.... in my no time for anything what do I write?
I'm still alive?  I don't understand things?  I like food?  My kids are cute?  My kids are funny?  [sometimes Rissa's politeness surprises me (where did she learn that from?).  Her impoliteness never seems to though...] We have gone several nights without the paci.  Husband has been doing a lot of yardwork. Bugs do not belong in houses.  I have witnessed how quickly walls can get dirty (walls, seriously?  yes, seriously)  It's amazing what kids can do when they are unaware of how dirty they are and how much they touch things.

I believe in the scripture that says pray for your enemies (ok so that's not exactly what it says Matthew 5:44 )   I might think that it's a horrible scripture except for the fact that I have tried it.  And it works.  I have had some people in my life that have been hard to get along with and some others that have wronged me and this scripture helped me to change myself so that I could accept and forgive them and move on with life.  But how much do you move on with life?  Sadly, I can forgive a particular person but I don't think our kids will ever hang out.  Or I might be able to forgive a different person but not understand another's trial with that person.  I have been thinking about this dilemma recently.  Should kids be denied friends because of the sins of their parents?  I had previously thought that you can forgive but never be near that person again.  But what happens when that person repents?  And then asks you to forgive again and again, but this time he/she really means it?  and then says I "always have a perfect little attitude" what does that mean?  I think I'm perfect?  My attitude is appropriate?  Life is confusing.  It's more confusing when you don't understand.  :p

I have a handful of people to pray for and not because they despitefully use me or persecute me but because I love them and I see them having a hard time with things.  I want them to be at peace.  I want to help them let go of hate.


Changing the subject again, lots of people get offended at lots of things.  Have you ever seen the cartoon that says please enjoy this unoffensive comic that is just an empty box?  Sometimes I feel that way.  You were offended at how someone said it's good to dress modestly?  You were offended by a christian that wasn't Christ-like 100% of the time?  You were offended that someone hated someone, that they didn't hate someone, that they had cereal for breakfast, that they don't put the lid back on the toothpaste, that they walked on the clean floor with muddy boots, that they won't let you get much needed sleep, there are countless ways to be offended.  What can we do instead?  Love I guess.

Love reminds me of a talk given in church about charity.  "Charity suffereth long and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil.  Charity is good to have.1 Corinthians 13:4-8, 13  and during the talk, i was provoked (I had been already and was continuing to be provoked)  and thought "I guess I don't have charity then" and the later he talked about if you had charity you might be a shoo in for the Celestial Kingdom.  Guess what my thoughts were to that?  "So much for the Celestial kingdom" because I don't have charity (Does that mean I also thinketh evil?).  But I guess you can repent and I guess you learn and grow.  I don't have sufficient charity just yet.  I might never develop all the charity needed.  But I can try.

I had thought that maybe I might share more maybe about my kids but I will always have more to say and I need to be taking care of myself and my family so farewell friends and I will see you again.  Hopefully not a year in between this time, eh?


2 comments:

  1. This beautiful rant of a post makes me think I need to get off my busy train and call you sometime! (Actually I've already been thinking that the last couple of days for numerous reasons, this just brought it back to mind.) Thanks for letting us in your thoughts. Loves you lots! (And your family ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mary's lyrical statement: this is a beautiful rant of a post :)
    I especially like the paragraph about offenses, I had never seen that comic, it's quite amusing.

    ReplyDelete